I have talked about this before, but it recently hit me again that in Blog Land, it’s really easy to let people only see the really cool and exciting things that you do, without mentioning how you haven’t put away laundry in a week or you got in a fight with your boyfriend because he tried to pack a pound of stew meat and 5 grapefruits for your ice climbing trip (don’t worry I’m totally over it).
Whew. That was a long sentence.
Anyway, the point is that my life is just as full of these little random, hilarious, frustrating, absurd moments as any of yours. So here are some of my favorites from the past week.
- Arriving at work so low on gas that I was surprised when my car started at the end of the day… then willing my car to make it to the gas station, only to arrive and find out I did not have my wallet. Luckily I have my debit card number memorized and talked the attendant into just typing it in… But for a minute there, I thought I was going to be spending the night at Conoco in Lafayette.
- Being unwilling to go on the far side of the kitchen last night because it would require passing a boiling pot of beets while wearing my new Lulu shirt. Risk management, people.
- Waking up in the morning to my dog licking my armpit.
- Trying to roll out what I thought was a knot in my quad only to realize it was a huge bruise from ice climbing.
- Freaking out about beet poops, every time.
- Calling someone at the gym John when his name is actually David, and not just as a mix-up, but because I actually have had his name wrong this whole time… if you are reading this, I suck and I’m sorry.
- Not being able to fall asleep because I was fantasizing about running a sub-8 minute mile, because these are obviously the important things in life to worry about.
- Enjoying the delayed gratification of my buying spree that prompted my spending fast. Meaning that all of those impulse buys from earlier in the week are just now showing up on my doorstep, so it’s really like I just bought them today!
- Deciding that 11PM is the perfect time to apply pink sparkly nail polish, and then having to get ready for bed with wet nails.
- Wearing fuzzy down booties at work, even though it’s almost 60 degrees outside.
This weekend we are going to try to get our lives put back together after the ice fest and before heading to my grandma’s 90th birthday party in Florida next weekend. A partner WOD is on the agenda, as is hopefully getting out for some rock climbing in the forecasted 50+ degree sun. I’ll take it, January.
What’s your best random act of normalcy from the week?